The Union of Guides, Thessaloniki (U.G.T.) was founded in 1956 by the very first graduates of the local School of Guides of Thessaloniki and it is the first Union of Guides founded in Greece. Right from the beginning the Union was activated to achieve that the Guides would be authorized to guide all around Greece. This was achieved in 1981.

The professors of Thessaloniki’s School of Guides are some of the most famous in our country for their scientific work, for example late pr. M. Andronikos, the excavator of the Royal Tombs in Vergina or the late pr. F. Petsas, excavator of Pella, the birth place of Alexander the Great.

HISTORY
EDUCATION

HISTORY

The Union of Guides, Thessaloniki (U.G.T.) was founded in 1956 by the very first graduates of the local School of Guides of Thessaloniki and it is the first Union of Guides founded in Greece.

EDUCATION

A tourist guide’s working license in Greece is obtained after a compulsory and successful 5-semester attending of the Schools of Tourist Guides operated by the Organisation of Tourism Education and Training.

Our guides live in Thessaloniki and in the greater area of Central and Northern Greece (Kozani, Veroia, Naousa, Katerini, Drama, Kavala, Alexandroupoli and Ioannina, Kalampaka, Trikala, Larissa). They can guide in 13 languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Serbian, Turkish, Romanian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Hungarian and Polish.

ALL MEMBERS
DOWNLOAD THE MEMBERS LIST (XLSX)